Monday, June 12, 2017

Postcard from Frank

Hello.  My name is Gail, aka ionabunny, and I am so pleased and excited to be posting my first tutorial as a design team member for Lost Coast Designs and Carmen's Veranda.  I made this for the current Postcards challenge using the gorgeous Frankenstein from Carmen's Veranda and the fabtabulous Bubbles Background from Lost Coast Designs.  


I have a particular weakness for Frank and when I saw this stamp I just had to have him.  Isn't he a hunk!  And at just under 3.5" high he is always going to make a striking focal point.  


I always feel a bit sorry for Frank.  I mean, he never asked to be resurrected and have bolts in his neck and a dodgy complexion.  So I decided he need a grungy background.  I stamped, embossed and masked Frank, and then ripped some painter's tape and masked off the edge of my 4 x 6" card.


I inked Bubbles Background with Versamark ink and then removed some of the ink with a paper towel.  I stamped and embossed with black embossing powder.  Removing the ink gives a broken impression and the ripped tape has given me a nice wiggly edge as well.  Then I used an embossing pen to make a ragged frame which I embossed with lilac embossing powder.


Here's the postcard with the complete lilac embossed frame.  I also overheated some of the embossing powder on the edges of the Bubbles Background to give it a more matt appearance in places.


I used shades of purple distress inks to colour the background and Cracked Pistachio and Evergreen Bough distress inks for Frank's face.  I coloured his bolts with a gold pilot marker and used a blue Galaxy marker for his eyes. 

Thanks for dropping by.  There is still plenty of time to make a postcard for the challenge.  Hop over to the Lost Coast Portal To Creativity to see more inspiration from the DT and to link up.  I can't wait to see what you are making.  Hugz

2 comments:

  1. This is brilliant Gail, I love the idea about the masking tape for the wavy edge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue, glad you liked it. Hugz

      Delete

We at Lost Coast Designs love hearing from you! Please leave us a comment when you visit us and feel free to ask us questions too! Thx xoxo